New Lifee 101

Constantly Creating


THE MOVEMENT


New Lifee 101 stands for progression as a mass creative unit allowing every individual the ability to embrase their ART form and use it to create Lifee in every aspect.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Changes

I've dwelled on this subject for about a few months. All these music artist, clothing companies, T.V. shows, and etc are all changing. Their style and nature seems to have took a total 360. For example, the music we hear today definitely doesn't have the same ambience as it did in The Golden Age of hip-hop. Artist personally change their music. For example, Kanye West has switched his style musically and fashion-wise. His beats sound more futuristic then his old orchestrated/soul beats that he had on College Dropout and Late Registration. Another is Common, his next album titled Invincible Summer, slated for a September 23rd release, is not going to consist the introspective Common that we all know and love. The beats are going to sound mure electrified and futuristic, and his lyrics are more....umm...uhh...non-spoken word. Clothing companies such as Nike SB are putting out garbage when it comes to shoes. Their style is changing as well as them putting out new shoes that don't look good. With all that said, we must all know that change is inevitable and we have to accept it. I was listening to 9th Wonder and Murs talk, and 9th Wonder said something that stuck out to me. He said that he heard Bun B say that if you take a child, sit him infront of a T.V. and make him watch nothing but BET or MTV all day, that child would be dumb. Which is true, people must journey different grounds to broaden their talent and thinking. That's why I don't pressure music artist when they don't sound the same as they used to nor do I do the same with clothing companies or T.V. shoes. If Kanye and Common kept doing the same type of beats and music, I don't think I would be interested with as I in them. Now one thing I WILL NOT accept as a change is the Disney Channel. Hell no, the Disney Channel is straight cheesey garbage. I was watching it yesterday, and I just shook my head in shame on how bad these actors are. Same thing with those stupid ass cartoons. If you have to make a spin-off of That's So Raven, then you know they are headed for shambles. Man I want Tailspin, Chip & Dale, Darkwing Duck, and all the rest of those original classics to hit the airwaves. *Sigh*, well people accept change, change for the better. That's a great way of constantly creating.

-joshua[slick]

No comments: